general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fusion

The Kahvi collective is an amazing net label dedicated to sharing high quality mostly downtempo non-vocal electronica. I've been listening to their releases for the past year or so, and I've discovered some real gems along the way. At the end of last year I released a compilation album of tracks spanning my four albums on Kahvi named "Red Balloon."

DJ Polaski creates seamless mixes of electronica tracks. He's released a number of Trance mixes which get played on mega internet radio di.fm. Over time, he has become more focused on making mid to downtempo mixes, and has become the resident DJ on the Kahvi collective. He and I have become friends through much internet banter, and he then surprised me by making a seamless mix of my tracks which clocked in at over an hour, full of clever interplay between the tracks. Now this is no simple task. My songs are not meant to mixed that way - each track is really an island onto itself - and it took an intense amount of work and creativity to make this happen. He sent me the mix, and I was really touched. After taking it in, I felt there was some room for improvement, and since he uses the same tool I do to create tracks (Ableton Live), I had him send me the project file and made some changes. Then we went back and forth a couple times on the project, tightening the mix and learning different techniques from each other. It was a really fun process.

So now I'm psyched to release "Fusion", a 65 minute seamless mix of General Fuzz tracks.



Download it here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Polaski said...

Boy I had a blast doing this, glad to work with you Fuzz, no doubt we'll continue in the future.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home