general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Tea Leaf Green

Stiners and I met up with Ryan and Lizzie for a vegan double date at the vegetarian Indian restaurant New Ganges. I was a little apprehensive about the concept, but the food was really quite good. I learned that even under the restrictions of vegan, you can still deep fry everything. The dude who owned the place was a little too involved in our meal though - at one point he took my silverware from me and mixed food on plate. I'm pretty touchy about what I eat, so I started whining and he backed off a little bit. It was nice and awkward.

After dinner, we cruised over to the Fillmore to catch Tea Leaf Green. Ryan is an incredible poster artist, and has been deeply involved in the music scene in the bay area. Subsequently, he knew everyone. It was fairly amusing to be introduced to countless people.

I've been seeing Tea Leaf Green fairly regularly for the past five years. Its been fun watching their ascension through the jam band ranks. They brought their music to a whole new level that night. I haven't been this impressed with a TLG show in a LONG time. Years probably. They had a bunch of new composed transitions between songs that were awesome. Their sound has finally been cleaned up so that the muddy bass is gone, and you can hear everything that everyone is doing. It was totally awesome. It was far superior to their last fillmore show, IMHO. I will be watching archive.org to see when one of the many tapers uploads the show.

2 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

And, as a bonus, they did a live webcast of the show through their website... you know, for all us suckers that don't live in the Bay Area.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Gail Weaver said...

MmmmMmmmmm ... vegan eats! I hope that your dish this time around was better than your sad looking mushy mushroom polentad pile at Herbivore .. . and that vegan eats have been redeemed in your eyes. Note to others, however: the ravioli at Herbivore is awesome, as are the fruit kabobs!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home