general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Married to List

A wonderous gift that my parents gave me for my 30ths birthday were custom earplugs. These things are freaking amazing. They do a completely flat cut of sound - I currently have filters that do a 25 decible reduction. I'm in love with them. Enough that Stina made me come up with a list of things I'm married to:

1. Stina
2. My computer
3. Touchy touchy
4. My custom earplugs

Anywho, I went to see Dinasaur Jr. at the Great American Music Hall a while back and of course I had my trusty earplugs. The openers were good. When Dinasaur Jr. took the stage it was so punishingly loud, I could only take 40 mins of it. I find that insane if I'm wearing my lovely lovely earplugs. Not to mention that I was sad that I couldn't enjoy the late 80's grunge rock that had such an impact on my late teenage mind. I just ran across a blog entry in the San Francisco Guardian that gave me some perspective. Apparently they were so loud that they broke the GAMH sound system. So I believe my claims of too loud are now justified.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder where "green sweatshirt" and "cookies" fit into your list...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Gail Weaver said...

I have to ask (though I'm wary of doing so, becuase I almost prefer being left to conjure up my own mental images):

What is the "touchy touchy"?

3:00 PM  
Blogger general fuzz said...

ummmm . . . well . . . I'm sure your mental image will suffice.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home