general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Random

I got the most surprising email I've ever gotten to my general fuzz account. Let me share it with you:

Hello, I have a question regarding track 1 Dream Together on the General Fuzz album. The underlying melody seems almost identical to the theme song on the 80s game Starflight by EA/Binary Systems. Is this song influenced by this theme or actually embed it into the song itself? I have this ability to pick out certain tunes and would love to know if I'm right.

Dream Together / General Fuzz
http://www.generalfuzz.net/tunes.php

Starflight 1 Theme Song
http://members.shaw.ca/lorin.mccaffrey/starflight/sfwave.au

Will


Huh. It turns out I've never heard of this game. I sorta hear the similaries, but I'm not feeling "identical" It was nice of him to link the song though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

omg... I remember that game. That was a great game! My worthless 2 cents... similar yes, identical no.

9:06 AM  
Blogger The Habe said...

Wow, that is similar. Maybe a General Fuzz cd fell out of the time machine...

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home