general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Podcast Love

The internet is an amazing thing. I went to a flash dance party, blog about it, and then the blog post is referenced by a couple different people. I end up having a couple great email exchanges with folks after suggesting they check out my music. People I would probably never communicate with, if it wasn’t for the internet.

Podcasts are my one of favorite things about the internet. It's a great way to be exposed to independent music. I’ve discovered a lot of new amazing artists through podcasts. The first podcast I ever listened to was Dave’s Lounge, an awesome downtempo show.

Maybe two months ago, I noted that Dave from Dave’s Lounge mentioned that he got some of his music from the Pod Safe Music Network. So I checked it out. It turns out to be a place where artists can upload music to grant podcasters the right to use the music in their show. So I upload “Messy’s Pace”. Not two days later, a track of mine appears in a podcast. I notice more traffic coming to my website. Oh my. I like it.

Two months later, my tracks have appeared in a dozen or so podcasts. Most of them are downtempo shows, but I’ve also been featured in Christian talk podcast, an allergy alert podcast, and most recently a Yoga podcast. My music is being exposed to a whole new audience. I love it!

But today is a big day in my life. My ultimate goal of having one of my tracks included in Dave’s Lounge was just achieved. Often I contact the podcaster directly to point them to my music. Not this time. It just happened. He found it on the Pod Safe Music Network. I’m absolutely overjoyed!

What a FANTASTIC beginning to my day. And it will end with seeing one of my favorite bands, Soulive, at the intimate Boom Boom Room tonight. As if it wasn't clear enough, I’m loving life right now.

Happy Wednesday Y’all!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Gooooo internet! Gooooo Boom Boom!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Gail Weaver said...

Happy Wednesday!

PS. Have the Christian Live folks been by the blog...?

8:25 PM  
Blogger general fuzz said...

Why do ask? Is touchy touchy a sin all of the sudden? The cameleons seemed happy it on your blog . . . .

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats - that rocks! When's the next album due?

3:13 AM  
Blogger general fuzz said...

new album = mebbe end of this year. Its coming along.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Gail Weaver said...

Oh my. I forgot about the reptile touchy touchy on the blog. Now I'm blushing.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My pleasure

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home