general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Music Glut

Well, if I hadn't seen enough music yet this week, Saturday most certainly pushed me over the top. During the afternoon, I saw Bruce Hornsby with Ricky Skaggs, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Los Lobos, and Belle Monroe & Her Brewglass Boys. For free, no less. Just a short walk from my apartment, through GG park. The annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival rolled into town once again.



I was really digging Los Lobos, but I bailed halfway through their set to catch some of the Brewglass Boys set. It had been a couple years since watching Jordon perform at the festy.



Here's a little taste of his fiery four string



It was fun talking with the band after they got off stage. They were riding a high like no other.

My set break consisted of a tasty meal with Hans. Then it was off for round two, this time at 12 Galaxies.

I caught JP Cutlers set, which is always fabulous, especially when he's flanked with some stellar musicians.



Then Garrin Benfield, with his mighty guitar and massive pedal setup. Finally, Izabella took the stage, and ripped it up with some help from the some of the Railroad Earth folks. That was a lot of people on stage.

Jesse introduced me to one the dudes from the Hebrew brewing company. I was a little starstruck.



It must be a special day with two separate Frank Chou sightings.

You know how I've come to terms with my oldness? You couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I sat next to Joe Baker (from the Bay Recorders Orginzation, who was taping the show), sipping my scotch and reading my book (currently reading "A Dirty Job" by Christopher Moore - absolutely hysterical) during set break.

How very rock and roll.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the brewglass boys rocked it, hard! they tore my mfin' stillhouse down! plus there was a crazy fried chicken guy in the crowd.

8:54 AM  
Blogger jordan said...

Thanks Hans!

James to me, immediately after our set: "You guys were the third best band I've seen today!"

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home