general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Widespread Panic

I was going to pass on their latest bay area run, but then I remembered that they replaced their latest lead guitar player with Jimmy Herring, who ranks pretty high on my top ten guitar players whom are alive. So I took Rachel as a belated bday present, and BARTed over to the oakland Paramount. My favorite thing was the super sketchy 8 person "shakedown" assembled in the back lot of the venue. Anyhow, there's no doubt that Jimmy Herring brought fresh life into the group, and they rocked a lot harder for it. I might have once creamed in my pants during some epic Herring led jams.

My faith in this band = restored. The show was excellent. I'm gonna troll etree.org for some shows since they don't seem to be up on archive.org.

09/29/07 Paramount Theater, Oakland, CA
Set I: From The Cradle> Makes Sense To Me> Walk On, Dyin' Man, Heroes, Heaven, Papa Johnny Road> Papa's Home> Drums> Papa's Home> Rock
Set II: The Take Out> Pigeons> All Time Low> Bowlegged Woman> Impossible> Proving Ground, Pilgrims> Blackout Blues> Porch Song
Encore: Let's Get The Show On The Road, Postcard> Cream Puff War

Setlist Source: Everyday Companion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home