general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yom Kippur

I believe I've already waxed poetic about my Yom Kippur traditions here. I charged into Yom Kippur by going to see the Arcade Fire @ Shoreline, which was fine.

The motivation factor was the chance to catch up with Sharon, an old friend of mine who now happens to run the soundboard for the Arcade Fire. LCD Soundsystem opened up and were a real good time. Anywho, I checked my web stats app right before going to bed and saw the review which tore me a new asshole.

Needless to say, I was spun into a bad head space. I purposefully got up early the next morning with Stina (who needed to go to work where Services were being held) so that I would have time to reflect upon my year before heading off to Angel's 30th birthday bbq extravaganza. Unfortunately I spent the first hour or so trippin on the shitty review. Man, if you ever want to fuck with me, shit on my music. I was eventually able to recognize that it was simply mean spirited, and I needed to move on past it. Stina later put it in better perspective - if that review was about one of my friends projects, would I have taken it seriously? I kinda pulled myself out of it, and began walking through the calendar.

It was quite a year, especially with g-fuzz, what with the new CD, playing some big gigs, and getting more exposure. There were some stellar moments of joy and hilarity, coupled with some low moments with spousal and parental health. Yet in many ways, it was simply a linear projection of the last year - more shows, more general fuzz, and more health drama across the board. I guess the best way to derail that train is to have a child, which seems to be a concept that is looming on the horizon. I found that I spent less time reflecting on shows/events, and more on friendships. I'm starting to swallow the concept of moving to Boston, though mostly in the abstract.

I volunteered to run the grill at Angels party, which was epic with the 4 delicious kegs, customized celebratory cups, and her amazing (AMAZING) autobiographical zine. Many a sausage was blessed by my tongs of atonement.



Oh, and then we went to Phil and Friends the next day at the Greek. Summer has come to a close.



Somehow I squeezed in working on music, which needed to be prepared for tonights visit by Michele and her magical violin. I think Stina is feeling a little displaced right now. Tommorows SF Beta + Mute Math (I'm fired up over that one!) isn't gonna help.

5 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

"Many a sausage was blessed by my tongs of atonement."

Great line.

PS: Don't move to Boston. Pretty please.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ready to be placed baby.

Place me now!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger PVision said...

F the haters and love the tongs.

11:24 AM  
Blogger ELK said...

Yummy sausage fest, thanks to you. i'd also like to reflect on how well babies and beers mix - let that be a lesson to you both.

3:25 PM  
Blogger ELK said...

Yummy sausage fest, thanks to you. i'd also like to reflect on how well babies and beers mix - let that be a lesson to you both.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home