general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Karma balance

Well, this weekend has been a little bit of karma balancing in my universe. Exhausted as I was on Friday, I somehow found inner motivation to go out to see Raw Deluxe play sets inbetween some chocolate syrup wrestling in a posh SoMA club.

I arrived at the club at 10, since I knew Raw Deluxe was playing their first set around 10:30. They took my money. Then the said I couldn't see the show till midnight, unless I was eating my $70 per person supper. Fuck that. After the door man and I exchanged some not so light banter, I took off, exhausted and a little pissed. On the bright side, I have now passed initiation and may join ranks with Dave, with such postings as:

http://pvisionblog.blogspot.com/2006/07/lame-stalker.html
http://pvisionblog.blogspot.com/2006/06/botched-bela.html

I wandered around SoMA (south of Market) for a bit to take in the scene. A lot of limos, and people really dressed up waiting in lines to get into clubs/bars. Sounds like my kind of fun, only you'd have the replace the lines with water slides, and club/bars with a giant chocolate syrup pool full of scantily clad ladies playing "ball tag" with the supper club door man.

Its been unreasonably beautiful outside this whole week. Normally summer in the sunset = intense fog, and maybe that will be the case soon. Rachel and I wandered down to the annual Fat Tire bike festival in GG park yesterday. Caught some fun aphrodesia. Had a fantastic cold FattyT. Rachel's friend had a great dane who literally liked sit in peoples laps.



Then, another friend had a dog that barfed up lunch (looked like snausages). Seemed like the right time to depart.

Last night I went to see the Album Leaf @ Cafe Du Nord. Haber turned me on to them. I'm a big fan - very serene, sparse, composed music, where a rhodes (electric piano) is often the lead. The drummer often overlayed bigger beats on top of their music during their live show, and I thought about how to apply that approach when I might play chill general fuzz tracks. I also really like Cafe Du Nord cause they have Murphy's Irish Stout on tap. Yum. Unfortunately it was really muggy in the club and Album Leaf didn't take the stage til almost midnight. I lasted till 1.

3 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Thanks for the shout out. Nidu.

I wish we'd have a Fatty T festival down here.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Azungu!!!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Supperclub sux. I've forked out that $70, and it's nothing but pretense inside. Wish I had those 4 hours of my life back.
Sarah

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home