general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Monsoon

Stina and I went our separate ways on Saturday night, after cleaning the house all afternoon in preparation for the baby shower. I still am unclear why we clean before a party instead of after, but I'm glad I don't have a upcoming big house clean hanging over my head while we have people over.

Stiners headed to Bimbo's trying to get into the sold out Tainted Love (80's cover band) performance. I went with Rachel and Aron to see New Monsoon at the Fillmore. This was a sorta weird chain of events, since I never really thought I'd pay to see those guys after the sketchy departure of bass player Ben. But low and behold, there I was. Fortunatly, I'm generally in good spirits when I'm at the Fillmore.

I figured they would sell it out, since every up and coming jam band sells out the Fillmore on their first headlining appearance. And they did. Good for them. The show was better then I anticipated. The bass player was totally solid. People seemed psyched. The older dude was there. I ran into some folks. The poster room was packed with some bluegrass band. Good times for all. Dan Lebowitz of ALO was there for a bunch of the tunes. I got one of their songs stuck in my head: "Water Vien".

The highlight was actually when I arrived home, around 1ish. Stina was dancing around in the near dark listening to her ipod when I walked in. It turned out that she walked in just a couple minutes prior, and strangely enough, was listening to an audio book. It was fun to compare and contrast our evenings. She did indeed get into the show through random circumstance and had an excellent time.

Excellent.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Habe said...

Wait, Stina was dancing to an audio book? That must have been once exciting story! What book was it?

9:53 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

stepehn king dark tower - book 4.
No comment.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home