general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I like to fun

Friday, Stiners and I went to see the Jerry Garcia Band (sans Jerry) at the Great American Music Hall. It was a surprisingly intense evening. Right before we went in the venue, I mentioned to Stina that I was having some regrets about the new album and was feeling not so good about it. She wanted to talk about it, and was able to give me really good perspective about what I was feeling. It was incredibly supportive and helpful. We ended up talking for a while. Then we went and saw the JGB. And it was wonderful. My head space was all over the map, and I ended up thinking about some difficult moments growing up. I now recognize that if I'm thinking about a shitty time and its the first time I've thought about it since it happened - its a good thing. I gotta face that shit. At least with age comes perspective. So yeah. Friday with Stina and the JGB. I clinked glasses with the old hippie dude. First contact.

I knew Saturday night was gonna be the big one. We were hella productive all day and then we went to Lindsey's Bday party at like 6:30. It was super fun to meet Lindsey's circle of family and friends. Cool peeps. She had a food theme: mini. So she and Haber (who worked non-stop the entire time I was there) made like 15 different mini things. There were mini tacos (with full condiment selection), fried mac'n'cheese squares, mini hamburgers, and a lot of other things. I don't want to list them. They were all delicious.

Then we went to 12 Galaxies to catch the new iteration of Izabelle. New keyboard player and multi-instrumentalist singing guy. It has good potential, but its still pretty raw right now. They did a smoking Marvin Gaye cover. The new players are seriously good, but a little dramatic for my tastes. Good times. We'll see them again on Feb 2rd at the Connecticut Yankee. Y'all in bay area should come. It'll be amusing to see how they're gonna fit 7 people on that itty bitty stage.

Then Stina dropped me off at the pleasure pad party. Aww yeah. I'm still rocking. The New Up is rocking the living room. I know some people. I meet some people. Random things occur. I hung around in a hallway for while. Lotta action in the hallway. Then its past two am and I'm tired. I convinced some people leaving to drive me down the hill.

I ate some sandwich. Then passed the fuck out.

Today I reunited with my old friend the TV.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I for one can not WAIT to hear the new album. I've loved every album so far and I'm sure this one will be great. Your unique sound of "Lush Downtempo Melodic" really speaks to a lot of us. Keep it up!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger general fuzz said...

Nice! I heart anonymous!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home