general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Glass Beads

Aaron gave me a really sweet birthday present - he took Rachel and I to a glass studio in Berkeley and taught us how to make glass beads. It was the perfect gift. It was something that I've always wanted to try, but never could muster the 'ole follow through.

It was totally rad. Its was fairly difficult to get started, what with glass + fire = liquid?, and the complete lack of skill/necessary coordination, but Aaron was equipment with crazy ninja teaching skillz. Not to mention an ill amount of patience. We had a great time. Or at least I did, for sure.

We made a bunch of "organic" shaped beads. Rachel even took some sweet shots:




What else did I learn? That glass blowers are a bunch of hippies. And that Planet Earth is like the best show ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! Looks awesome!! Sign me up for next time. :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe nobody got hurt. =)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home