general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008


This has been a really special week for Jimmy. Last night Dan Lebowitz brought his trusty guitar over to chez Fuzz to add some of his signature tastiness to a couple new tracks I'm working on. He's been #1 on my list of people I wanted to work with since I finished my last album. I'd been slowly crafting a plan to make that happen, and it was most excellent and satisfying that it actually occurred. I was surprised how even in the fuzzy context his guitar playing is so recognizably Lebo.

Today, pedal steel guitar jedi David Phillips came over for some work on a different track. He's a truly exceptional musician, and conveniently lives two block away. The ambiance he was able to conjure out his 14 string instrument was truly awe inspiring.

So, in two days, I worked with two professional musicians. Um, can you say solid? I can.


I can also say tightly polished unit, but you know that already if you read my blog. Blog reader! Now, I don't say that with scorn. I say that with love. I got nothing but love for you, even though you don't leave comments, lurker.

Also, in other exciting musical developments, I've been working with DJ Polaski on a General Fuzz mix that he's created. Its gonna be stellar. He's really opened my eyes to the power of continuously flowing sound scapes. Whats not to like about a different type of sonic journey?

Nothing, my blog reading friend. Unless it sucks monkey balls.

So real good times, minus me mailing in Stina's unopened absentee voting ballot. Doh.



Blogger PVision said...

Monkey Balls!

11:53 PM  
Blogger The Habe said...


12:13 AM  
Blogger ELK said...

LET STINA VOTE! Or maybe this was some unintentional "statement" in the oberlinian tradition? (i ain't no lurker, monkey butt)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Polaski said...

I liked lebo...

9:51 PM  
Anonymous stina said...

FYI - said ballot came back in the mail on Friday and I was able to cast my vote. crisis averted. democracy rules!! Though I am glad you shared the story.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous MikeyLife said...

Monkey Balls/

3:38 PM  
Anonymous hans said...

tightly polished unit!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home