general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music!

This has been a really special week for Jimmy. Last night Dan Lebowitz brought his trusty guitar over to chez Fuzz to add some of his signature tastiness to a couple new tracks I'm working on. He's been #1 on my list of people I wanted to work with since I finished my last album. I'd been slowly crafting a plan to make that happen, and it was most excellent and satisfying that it actually occurred. I was surprised how even in the fuzzy context his guitar playing is so recognizably Lebo.

Today, pedal steel guitar jedi David Phillips came over for some work on a different track. He's a truly exceptional musician, and conveniently lives two block away. The ambiance he was able to conjure out his 14 string instrument was truly awe inspiring.

So, in two days, I worked with two professional musicians. Um, can you say solid? I can.

Solid.

I can also say tightly polished unit, but you know that already if you read my blog. Blog reader! Now, I don't say that with scorn. I say that with love. I got nothing but love for you, even though you don't leave comments, lurker.

Also, in other exciting musical developments, I've been working with DJ Polaski on a General Fuzz mix that he's created. Its gonna be stellar. He's really opened my eyes to the power of continuously flowing sound scapes. Whats not to like about a different type of sonic journey?

Nothing, my blog reading friend. Unless it sucks monkey balls.

So real good times, minus me mailing in Stina's unopened absentee voting ballot. Doh.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Lebo!
Jedi!
Lurker!
Monkey Balls!

11:53 PM  
Blogger The Habe said...

Solid!

12:13 AM  
Blogger ELK said...

LET STINA VOTE! Or maybe this was some unintentional "statement" in the oberlinian tradition? (i ain't no lurker, monkey butt)

8:09 PM  
Blogger Polaski said...

I liked lebo...

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - said ballot came back in the mail on Friday and I was able to cast my vote. crisis averted. democracy rules!! Though I am glad you shared the story.

7:58 PM  
Blogger MikeyLife said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey Balls/

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tightly polished unit!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home