general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Assembly of Dust

I'd been looking forward to Thursday all week. The Phoenix House was having a valentine-ish day party and Assembly of Dust was playing at the Independent. These two events were happening one block away from each other.

Stiners and I headed over to the party nice and early to get things started. There were a handful of people who didn't know each other lounging around. Most people don't enjoy this somewhat awkward phase of a party, but I do. All the food and alcohol is at your disposal. You actually get to meet some folks before the party gets into full swing. I was somewhat excited about my snazzy new business cards, so I got a little aggressive with the self promotion.

When things were going full tilt, I took off for the Independent. I sat down only find Dan Lebowitz sitting next to me - doh, he had just played with the opener. What a nice guy.

I love the Assembly of Dust. I'd been streaming them all week of archive.org. They didn't disappoint. I'm not such a big singer/songwriter fan, but for some reason I love Reid Genauer. He always seems like he's giving it his all when he's singing, and his voice just carries the music. The band can fucking jam - seriously integrated musical bliss. I had a great time during the first set. I even slipped Bill Nereshi a general fuzz disc as I saw him wander through the crowd.

I headed back to close out the party during set break. I got to see some folks I had missed, like Dan T! Angel has just started her job doing accounting for Good Vibrations, so I wanted to hear all about that. I think I spend a little too much time having fun at the Phoenix house, cause when I went back to the Independent, the show had ended. Must have been a short break and a really short set. Ah well. It was a fabulous night.

Today I feel like I've been run over by a bus, which is an excellent start for two nights of Umphree's at the Fillmore . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home