general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fimo

Inspired by gazing into last nights art party, I decided to have a quick bout with fimo clay. What with the internet and all, I thought I'd do a quick photo expo on how to make a simple somewhat trippy bead.

First, using a pasta machine, I rolled out some green and white, cut two triangles and formed a rectangle which I put back through the pasta machine.




Then by repeatedly folding the square in half horizontally and running it through the pasta machine, I eventually make a rectangle gradient from white to green.




Then I made another rectangle from black to green, connected the two rectangles and rolled it up into a cylander.



I rolled out the cylender, and cut it into inch and half pieces.




I took those pieces and made a rectangle out of them. I squished the rectangle together making a "cane", which I'll use to make beads.




I cut thin slices off the cane, and wrapped them around scrap clay to make beads.



Now I have lots of beads. Sweet.



Anyone need some beads?

1 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Mmmmm.... beads....

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home