general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Monday, August 28, 2006

F Stadiums

Friday night, Dave P and I went over to Oakland to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers ($50 + $10 ticketbasted fees). First we had to wait in line to get our will call. Then, upon attempted entry, they said no backpacks and sent on a long walk to the bag check tent. There we signed waivers and dropped off my backpack. Once inside, we fought the huge crowd to the second floor to acquire our 4 dollar waters (we couldn’t keep the bottle caps) and be really far away from the stage. The show was good, not great. Flea is a fucking monster on the bass. They must have sunk a couple million into their fancy light/multimedia gear. We had to leave early to get the backpack and make it to BART before midnight.

I decided its really not worth it to go to a stadium show. Especially to see bands past their prime. I’ll have to be super motivated to do it again. Or, more likely, I’ll just forget about this experience and do it again. I’m stupid like that.

Stupid like a fox.

Tonight, we’ll leisurely amble over to 12 Galaxies to drink delicious local beers on tap at normal bar prices, perhaps take in some free water, and have a blast with our favorite Phish tribute band: Phix. It’ll cost $12. I bet I have more fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Fatty T On Tap!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home