general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Stern Groove

I finally treked out Stern Grove concert this year. The last one. Ozomatli was the headliner. Never seen 'em before. I got the concert @ 3. It started at 2. Most people were already there by 11:30. The gates said the grove was full, and you couldn't enter.

F.

So I wonder along the length of the grove, find a piece of fence thats broken down. I sneakily go in. A security guard is like 30 ft from me. He doesn't smile when he sees me.

F.

Well, fuck it. I keep wondering to the other end where there's a big green. And I see some people milling. I head in. Its a crazy forest with some dirt paths leading downhill. I find people, and they began to direct me. Eventually I stumble on the secret blurry stone stairway.



I made my way down to the grove,



into the concert area,



on the hill.







It was there that I found hobbits.



Ozomatli played.



Its was fine. I sorta felt it was like a generic party happy go rah rah band. I had a good enough time. I certainly got my moneys worth.

I decided to walk home. On route I ran across a sweet cherry Lemonade stand.



I was very pleased.

Lemonade for Jimmy.

2 Comments:

Blogger PVision said...

Photo Essay! Nice!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Gail Weaver said...

My Ozomatli experience was the same, minus the grove, the grove being full, the unfriendly security guard, the magical staircase, the beautiful tree-specked hillside, and the hobbits ... exactly the same.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home