general fuzz

Musing from a obsessive computer music composer with hippie-ish tendencies.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Daa Daa Do Doo

  • My hibernating inner video game junkie was rudely awakened when Haber invited me over so I could finally taste the awesomeness that is Mario Galaxy on the Wii. It was definitely worth the wait. It's the best Mario game yet, which pretty much makes it the best video game ever made in my book.
  • We met up with the H2 crew for dinner and a show, cause Heather's friend Matt the Electrician was back in town, this time playing at Cafe du Nord. I'm really not a fan of singer songwriters. Matt has become one of the rare exceptions. I've become a huge fan, and a proud owner of two of his CDs, which are excellent.
  • I've been going through a lot of cycles of how I've been feeling about both my music and my job. I've been running through these cycles for so many years now that I'm able to recognize the pattern while I'm experiencing it. I'll think my music is going really well, and a few days later I'll be working on it and think its crap, especially compared to the music that I'm listening to. Now theres a little birdie that laughs at me and says "just chill, step away, you'll feel better soon." If I ever catch that birdie I'll wring its stupid little neck for laughing at me.
  • On Friday, we attended the 9th annual Hip Hop Dance festival at the Palace of Fine Arts. I'm proud to say I've been to 8 out of 9 - Haber gets the perfect attendance award. I remember when it was at Theater Autaud, and was entirely a local production. Now it has blossomed into an international festival. I have to say that Friday's progam was the best I'd ever seen, and that really means something cause they've all been pretty fantastic. I was blown out of the water with a wild combination of insane dancing, choregraphy, use of costumes, interactive sets, and innovate lighting. Well freaking done.
  • I'm not really prone to playing general fuzz shows, but I was offered a gig I couldn't refuse. So for some serious advanced warning, I'll be playing with some other fantastic electronica artists at Cafe Du Nord on Saturday, Jan 4th. You should come. Really. Plan ahead.
  • Daa daa do doo

1 Comments:

Blogger Gail Weaver said...

If I come to your show may I bust out some of the sweet dance moves I just learned? Daa daa Do Doo indeed.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home